We are committed to providing you with the best possible care. If you have insurance, we are here to help you receive your maximum allowable benefits. In order to achieve these goals, we need your assistance and your understanding of our payment policy.
Payment for services is due at the time the services are rendered unless payment arrangements have been approved in advance by our staff. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa , Discover, American Express, and Care Credit. We will be happy to file your insurance claim for you.
We will gladly discuss your proposed treatment and answer any questions relating to your insurance. However, you must realize that:
- Your insurance is a contract between you, your employer, and the insurance company. We are not a party to that contract.
- Our fees are generally considered to fall within the acceptable range by most companies and therefore are covered up to the maximum allowance determined by each carrier. This applies only to companies who pay a percentage (such as 50% or 80%) of UCR. UCR is defined as usual, customary, and reasonable fees for this region; thus, our fees are considered usual, customary, and reasonable by most companies. This statement does not apply to companies who reimburse on an arbitrary schedule of fees, which bear no relationship to current standard and cost of care in this area.
- Not all services are a covered benefit in all contracts. Some insurance companies arbitrarily select certain services they will not cover. You will be responsible for any charge not covered by your insurance company.
- Your co-pay is an estimate only. Insurance companies will not guarantee payment amount until the actual claim is processed.
- If a specimen is sent to an outside laboratory, you will receive a separate charge from the lab for a pathological reading. You will need to contact the lab regarding payment arrangements.
We must emphasize that as health care providers our relationship is with you, not your insurance company. While the filing of insurance claims is a courtesy that we extend to our patients, all charges are your responsibility. We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account. If such problems do arise, we encourage you to contact us promptly for assistance in the management of your account.
If you have any questions about the above information or any uncertainty regarding insurance coverage, please do not hesitate to ask us.
We also accept Care Credit.