Consultation & Treatment
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Completed paperwork
- List of all current medications
- Current treating medical doctor’s name and phone number
- Surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- Current Medical and Dental Insurance cards
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Please have NOTHING to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your surgery.
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- All patient escorts must remain at the facility during the surgery.
- Please take all cardiac and blood pressure medications the morning of your surgery. If you are being sedated, please take with a small sip of water.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.), or herbal supplements.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.