Currently we are seeking a qualified individual to join our front staff. Please see the job description here.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to [email protected] Thank you!
Job Title: Dental/Medical Secretary
Brazos Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Brazos Valley Dental Implant Center
1505 Emerald Plaza
College Station, TX 77845
Brazos Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center has been providing oral & maxillofacial and
periodontic services to the Brazos Valley for over 30 years. We focus on providing the highest standard of care to our patients. The best interest of the patient is our only interest.
- Performs variety of medical office secretarial and clerical duties and some administrative tasks which require knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Full Time Position
- Uses word processing equipment or a personal computer.
- Prepares patient charts relating to medical histories, physical examinations, discharges and other special notes involving a wide variety of medical terminology.
- Schedules patient appointments, answers general questions, obtains authorizations and pre- authorizations for patient care services.
- Schedules appointments with ancillary departments or other care providers as needed.
- Maintains master calendar for physician(s).
- Completes required paperwork or documentation.
- Processes insurance forms and maintains logs.
- Inserts laboratory results into patient charts.
- Files charts according to established procedures.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to clients or customers.
- Handles or routes as appropriate.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of schedule.
- Establishes and maintains files and records.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, e.g., photocopies, collates, distributes, mails, faxes, files, delivers and/or picks up materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Dental or Medical secretarial with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and medical terminology.
- Preferred Experience: 2 Years
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Prefer dental or medical secretarial experience in a comparable environment to provide knowledge of operations, policies and procedures
- Answer telephones
- Communicate with others to gather information
- Compose letters
- Compute Insurance Co-payment totals
- Coordinate meetings
- Draft routine correspondence
- Edit routine documents
- Establish filing systems
- Gather data
- Input data
- Maintain filing systems
- Read handwritten text
- Research information
- Schedule appointments
- Take shorthand
- Transcribe dictated documents
- Use computerized spreadsheets
- Verify calculations
- Write memorandums for own signature.
- Computer Network
- Personal Computer
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift heavy weights (50 pounds or greater).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Full Time employees are eligible for Health Insurance, 401 K Benefits and Profit Sharing.
- Resumes can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 979-764-7115
- Include the following on the subject line: “Resume for BVOMS Receptionist Position”