Monta C. Kennady, DDS, MS
Monta C. Kennady, DDS, MS, joined Brazos Valley Oral & Maxillfoacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center in 1988. She grew up in East Texas where her father was a dentist. Dr. Kennady completed her undergraduate pre-dental studies at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA in 3 years. She attended dental school at the University of Texas-San Antonio Dental Branch. Her Oral and Maxillofacial residency was completed at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, where she also received a Master’s of Science degree. In 1990, Dr. Kennady was awarded her Board Certification in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Kennady truly enjoys helping her patients reach their dental goals. She also enjoys hiking, running and the occasional 1/2 marathon in her leisure time as well as traveling with her family and two adult kids.
- 1977-1980: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 1980-1984: DDS, University of Texas Health Science Center School of Dentistry, San Antonio, Texas
- 1984-1988: Certificate of Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Master of Science (MS) North Carolina Memorial Hospital, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Dental Association
- Brazos Valley District Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- The American College of Oral Implantologist
- The American Society of Osseointegration
- Kennady MC: Examination of Dental Implants, Health Here and Now, Special to the Eagle Newspaper, Bryan and College Station, Texas, July, 1989.
- Kennady MC: Dental Implants, Insight Magazine, Fall, 1989.
- Kennady MC, Tucker MR, Lester GE, Buckley MJ: Histomorphometric evaluation of stress shielding in the mandibular continuity defects treated with rigid fixation plates and bone grafts. IntJ Oral Maxillofacial Surg; 18, 170-174, 1989.
- Kennady MC, Tucker MR, Lester GE, Buckley MJ: The stress shielding effect of rigid internal fixation plates on mandibular bone grafts: A photon absorption densitometry and quantitative computerized tomographic evaluation. Int J Oral Maxillofacial Surg; 18, 1989.
- Flaitz, Mackay, Kennady, Luna, Hicks: Primary intraoral epithelioid Hemangio-endothelioma presenting in childhood: Review of Literature and Case Report. Ultrastructure Pathology; 19: 275-279, 1995.
- Tucker MR, Kennady MC, Jacoway JR: Autogenous auriuclar cartilage implantation following discectomy in the primate temporo-mandibular joint. J Oral Maxillofacial Surg, 48: 38-44, 1990